Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Keys to help with Creativity Part 2

First off I wanted to apologize to both of the people who read my blog.  The past few weeks have been very crazy.  The Sr Pastor at the church where I am on staff announced 2 weeks ago that he is stepping down as Sr Pastor.  If was a tough decision for him but he felt it was best for the church.  I will keep you updated on the process in the coming weeks.

This does lead me to my next "Key" which is planning ahead.


The good and bad about this time of transition is our Board of Advisors has given me the responsibility to oversee the Sunday morning services.  Everything from what our next series is to who is speaking.  It's a great responsibility and honor.

Thats where planning ahead comes in.  As a "creative type" I know that this is not one of my greatest strengths.  Although I can be very strategic in planning out the details, I sometimes wait to the last minute to implement them.  To me one of the best motivating factors of planing ahead is the fact that it allows more time for excellence.  If you are not rushing to get things done, then you will have time to troubleshoot and deal with issues that come up.  Think about it.  How many times have you had a great idea about something but the first thing that comes to your mind is "can we pull that off in time?".  Planning ahead eliminates that issue (or to some people an excuse).  

Keep in mind I am still a student in my own class.  But I can saw that as of right now the January series is already planned out and I already started working on February and believe it or not March (remember Easter).

Well I have to go.  As I as typing this someone came in and let me know that there is a last minute baptism this weekend.  So now I get to go into panic mode.

1 comments:

Christa Lund said...

Hey praying for you with your new responsibilities and looking forward to and your wife comming this weekend. Take care.
Christa

Free Blogspot Templates